Stampin' Up have a Simple Stamping challenge at the moment which means making a card with just cardstock, ink and stamps, this months theme was Birthday and you could chose to include Designer Series Paper as well. I chose to use some of the items from the How Sweet It Is Suite, I used the How Sweet It Is DSP and the Sweetest Thing Photopolymer Stamp Set. This was a great, simple card that took about 10-15 minutes to make. I like making simple cards as they are quick and look great, as the saying goes "less is more".
Here is the recipe for this card:
Equipment
- Stampin'
Trimmer (129722)
- Bone
Folder (102300)
- Stampin'
Pierce Mat (126199)
- Sweetest
Thing Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Melon
Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
- Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin' Pad
Materials
- 81/4” (21cm) x 57/8” (14.9cm) Whisper White cardstock (half an A4 piece of cardstock)
- 37/8” (9.8cm) x 55/8” (14.3cm) Melon Mambo cardstock
- 35/8” (9.2cm) x 13/4” (4.5cm) How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper
- 35/8” (9.2cm) x 35/8” (9.2cm) Whisper White cardstock
- Tear and Tape (138995) or Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Instructions
1. First I cut an A4 piece of Whisper White in half, at 57/8” (14.9cm) and score at 41/8” (10.5cm), fold along score line and burnish the
fold with a Bone Folder. This is my card base.
2. Then I cut a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock to 37/8” (9.8cm) x 55/8” (14.3cm) to create my first layering piece, I stuck this in the centre of the front of the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, you could use Tear and Tape if you like.
3. After that I cut a piece of the How Sweet It Is DSP to 35/8” (9.2cm) x 13/4” (4.5cm). This is an accent piece for the front of the card.
4. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 35/8” (9.2cm) x 35/8” (9.2cm). I used this piece to stamp on to decorate the front of the card.
5. I used the Sweetest Thing Stamp Set to make this card and used the large jar, the gummy bears and both the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment and the ‘Sweets for you’ sentiment.
6. I always use the Stampin’ Pierce Mat whenever I stamp because it really helps to get a crystal clear image. I stamped the jar in Coastal Cabana, the gummy bears in Gorgeous Grape and the sentiment in Melon Mambo.
7. I chose to have the DSP at the top on one card and the bottom on the 2nd one. I think I prefer it at the bottom though, I glued this on with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then stuck the stamped Whisper White piece above, or below depending on the card, and lined them up so that the two pieces together look centred on the card.
2. Then I cut a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock to 37/8” (9.8cm) x 55/8” (14.3cm) to create my first layering piece, I stuck this in the centre of the front of the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, you could use Tear and Tape if you like.
3. After that I cut a piece of the How Sweet It Is DSP to 35/8” (9.2cm) x 13/4” (4.5cm). This is an accent piece for the front of the card.
4. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 35/8” (9.2cm) x 35/8” (9.2cm). I used this piece to stamp on to decorate the front of the card.
5. I used the Sweetest Thing Stamp Set to make this card and used the large jar, the gummy bears and both the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment and the ‘Sweets for you’ sentiment.
6. I always use the Stampin’ Pierce Mat whenever I stamp because it really helps to get a crystal clear image. I stamped the jar in Coastal Cabana, the gummy bears in Gorgeous Grape and the sentiment in Melon Mambo.
7. I chose to have the DSP at the top on one card and the bottom on the 2nd one. I think I prefer it at the bottom though, I glued this on with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then stuck the stamped Whisper White piece above, or below depending on the card, and lined them up so that the two pieces together look centred on the card.
Here is a video tutorial of how to make this cute card
Product List
If you would like to order please click the item name and it will take you to my online store, or you can contact me via email or phone and I can help you place an order.
Please note that all prices are in Australian Dollars and for
Australian customers only.
Email: KACraftSU@gmail.com
Phone: 0422 361 861
|
|
|
||||||||||||
|
|
|
||||||||||||
|
|
|
||||||||||||
|
|
|














No comments:
Post a Comment